Newborn + Family Lifestyle
What better way to document the arrival of a new family member than in the very first place they will know as home.
I believe having your family's portraits taken in your own home is so special! Not only is it a familiar and safe environment for your children but your home also holds so many amazing memories and pieces of who you are. Not only will we be taking your family portraits but documenting your home as well! These sessions really tell the story of your family and look amazing in albums. They are perfect for Newborn photography, when you might not be comfortable leaving home with your brand new baby so soon after they have arrived.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When is the best time for a Newborn Session?
- Newborn Session's are best done in the first 2 weeks of your wee one's life. Due to the lifestyle nature of my work, these sessions can still take place anytime up to 6 weeks old. We generally schedule Newborn Session's in the morning.
2. How long will the session go for and does my baby need to be asleep the whole time?
- Newborn Sessions generally last for around 2 hours, additional time may be needed if there is more than one young sibling. The two hours factors in lots of time for feeding and cuddles if needed.
Your baby does not need to be asleep for the session, infact many favorite images are when bubs is awake. We will still try to get a nice mixture of asleep and awake images for your gallery.
3. What should we wear?
- Light/pastel or neutral toned clothing is best for these sessions as bright coloured clothing may cast down onto your baby. It is also a good idea to try and avoid clothing with big labels,writing or pictures as this can draw attention in your images.
For baby a plain white bodysuit/ onesie is fine. (If you would like your baby dressed in a onsie it can be a good idea to have a bodysuit underneath for quick changing if needed) Jamie Kay , Buck & Baa or Farmers are also great options for newborn shoots.
4. Do I need to style my house?
- No, the only thing we will ask is if you can put a white or light coloured duvet or sheet onto your master bed and clear general clutter. It can also be fun to add pops of colour with flowers, throws, cushions etc but this is totally optional.
5. Who will be included in the session?
- Mum, Dad and any siblings your baby has. One of the great things about having the session in your very own home is that we can include your pets as well!!